Thursday, December 1, 2011

Going to be in Tokyo for two weeks and have a JR pass for one, what to see?

Question:


I am going to be in Tokyo for two weeks next month (January) and looking at picking up a one week JR pass before I go. I am curious what people recommend as some of the most see places around Japan I should try and make it to?

So far I am most likely going to go to Kyoto and probably Nara, but the rest is open. My main goal is to see some of the smaller areas of Japan to experience more than just Tokyo while I am there.

Thank you for any ideas!

Answer:


JR Pass is good only if you take long distance trains several times. And Nara or Kyoto are far away from Tokyo.

If you want to purchase JR Pass, buy it only for days you take trains to go to Nara or Kyoto, and back. You don't need JR Pass if you stay within Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment