Thursday, December 1, 2011

What are some memorial museums for Japanese war atrocities?

Question:


I'm having trouble finding resources for Japan's war atrocities during WWII.
I found there weren't as many website/museums for Japan compared to Germany (even in consideration of the difference in magnitude of war atrocities).
I'd really appreciate if anyone could give some helpful museums.

I'm looking for sources along the lines of http://www.ushmm.org, but even if it's not necessarily a memorial museum website, anything that could help (such as an article or an actual memorial) will be welcomed.

Also, because of the nature of my research, I wouldn't need actual descriptions of war atrocities; I'm just looking for the sources. Thanks in advance!

Answer:


In Japan?!? Forget it. The Japanese do not believe they commited ANY atrocities during WW2. Trying to compare how open the Germans are with what they did in WW2 to Japan is like comparing night and day.

Just ask any Japanese about the Rape of Nanking and you will get all sorts of denials and that's assuming they even are aware of it.

If you want to learn about the atrocities commited by Japan during WW2, you have to look OUTSIDE of Japan. Look for sources in China, UK, US, Korea, Philippines, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment