Sunday, March 20, 2011

Is it safe to go to Japan this vacation?

Question:


My mother won't listen to me, she still wants us to go to Japan and stay for 2 months. We are living there in Tokyo (They are working there, my mother and my father for almost 15 years). I'm really scared to go there, but my parents won't listen to me. Is the problem in the Nuclear Power Plant serious? We live in Tokyo. My mother said it's safe because we live 300 km away from the Plant. But I really want to be sure.

Answer:


As of right now, I wouldn't encourage anyone to go to Japan. Radiation has already been detected in some food sources and water. People at the nuclear plant are working vigourously to stabilize the nuclear plants. I was also planning to go this summer to visit my family for two months, but I may have to post-pone the trip till next year. Unless, radiation decides to take a different course, and not spread further in Japan. My grandad there lives about 200km from the Nuclear Plants in Toride, Japan. However, he is still being exposed to radiation.

No comments:

Post a Comment