Sunday, March 20, 2011

Why do ppl think all of Japan was affected by the tsunami/earthquake -_-?

Question:


I notice if a question has nothing to do with the tsunami/earthquake, but it has to do with Japan...ppl will turn it into something about the tsunami/earthquake.

Ppl act like all of Japan was destroyed...My mom even sent me an email and was like, "Have you seen the photos...Tokyo has become a ghost town!" I was like, "Are you kidding me? It's called skewed photography!"

If I mention wanting to study abroad in Southern Japan in September (as long as nothing else bad happens that makes it too bad to go), ppl are like, "Go somewhere else! You saw what happened. It will take years to fix! There is no transportation or electric!"

This really pisses me off. My own professor was like, "Dont go anymore! No...its destroyed beyond repair." Ummm. I studied abroad before, and there is no way I will visit more than a few other provinces...so i will just avoid the destroyed areas (unless to volunteer) -_-

Sorry this is more of a rant than anything, but seriously...why do ppl act like all of Japan looks like the photos? There are like 128 MILLION ppl in the country, and (still unfortunate) 18 THOUSAND ppl died...

Answer:


Why? They are simply misled. Here in Nara, everything is just everyday business as usual. And Tokyo, as you said, is not a ghost town. This is not to downplay the tragedy, it's serious business, but life goes on elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment