Sunday, June 26, 2011

About what's the pricing of restaurants/eateries in Japan?

Question:


Planning my second trip to Japan (YAY)
Also planning on flying to Tokyo with my friend and last time we went it was such a disaster, because we didn't plan that much in advance so money was really tight. I'm pretty sure we ate mostly bento boxes and lots of instant food from the convenience stores, and after a week we got sick of it fast and our stomachs were hating us for it *shakes fist at 120¥ boxed lunch*.
So this time we've been planning in advance and have worked out a budget spreadsheet including just about everything ranging from airline to hotel to shopping (of course) and also we worked in a rail pass.

So ya I'm not talking about supper fancy 5 star restaurants here or McDonalds (if I wanted McDonalds I would just eat it here). I wouldn't mind going to a sushi bar once or twice but ya can someone give me an estimate of the average price a restaurant would charge in Japan?

Answer:


Prices at regular Japanese restaurants are usually USD$8-$15 a meal, but food can cost you about USD$5-8 a meal if you eat at budget Japanese restaurants like Yoshinoya, Sukiya, and CoCo Ichiban Curry House.

No comments:

Post a Comment