Sunday, June 26, 2011

Where might I find opportunities to work in Japan as a Scientist?

Question:


Hi,

In a few years I will graduate from the U.S with a B.S in Astrophysics and a minor in Asian Studies. My Japanese language skills should be suitable to carry advanced conversation upon my graduation. How can someone of my education find opportunities to work in Japan in my field? I am also an african american which I only mention because I am unsure if being a minority would benefit my chances to find employment as it does here in the United States with affirmative action.

Answer:


You sound like someone who has never been to Japan. You can't play the race card there, and they have no such thing as affirmative action. Anyone not Japanese is a minority.
The only jobs available are those a Japanese can't or won't do. I don't think scientist is on that list. Sorry if I seem too harsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment