Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Where should I buy yukata?

Question:


Should I buy online with price range 80-100 dollars per set. Or should I buy the yukata set while I am in Japan (I'll come to Japan this September)?

Answer:


Where will you be in Japan, and how long will you be there? I know a place in Kyoto that, as far as I remember, sells them all year and you can get a nice new set for $50 or less. However, September being the tail end (or even past the end) of yukata season, they become MUCH more difficult to find in Japanese shops AND in online shops like Rakuten or Ichiroya. You could wait until you''re in Japan and see if you can find a set you like that is cheaper than the ones you have found online, but realize that in September your options are probably going to be more limited than they would be in in the late spring and summer. If you have found a set you really love now, it might be better to just go ahead and buy it now rather than waiting to see if find one in Japan and taking the risk that you won't find one and that the set you like now will be sold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment