Thursday, March 17, 2011

Forgot to say "No" to two things on visa application - can I be denied visa?

Question:


I was filling out my Certificate of Eligibility for a Japanese visa. Now, I filled out the first page like 5 times as I always made a mistake in pen and had to write it again. However, I'm scared I might not have said "No" to questions 18 (criminal record) and 19 (previous deportation). I might have just left them blank, or at least left 18 blank at least.

Am I screwed? Can I be denied a visa over this?

Answer:


If you didn't answer question 18 and 19, the certificate will be invalid. You will therefor be required to further submit a complete Certificate. Japanese visa personnel will contact you explaining your mistake. This might take a while considering the predicament they find themselves in at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment