Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Japanese people: would you say learning English was difficult for you?

Question:


Did you find learning English was difficult? I know all languages are difficult to learn and all, but I wanted to know from a Japanese person's point of view. I've been studying Japanese for a little bit, and I've always been curious. It seems really difficult learning English, especially from a Japanese person's point of view. Did it take you ages to learn? It's just curiosity :D I find Japanese quite hard :S

Answer:


I think it just matters if you are interested in languages/culture or not.
I myself was good in school days (especially junior-high), having good marks without reviewing what I had learned at school. But when it came to "conversation" later on, I had to change my school text books to practical ones. When I first went to the states, I was amazed by native speaker's speed, and barely communicated with them.
Japanese is one of the most difficult languages, I agree. It's not so flexible/practical as English.

"What one likes, one will do well" (suki koso mono no jouzu nare)

No comments:

Post a Comment