Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What cellphones can I use in Japan?

Question:


I am a bit confused...I heard the iphone, but I would have to pay $25 just to use it in Japan :/...so it would be around $70 per month just to have the phone...not even to use it :/

I also heard CDMA and WCDMA phones which sound more reasonable.

But then, I also heard that you just buy an unlocked phone and use an international sim card (bought online).

I have no idea which I am supposed to do lol o__o

I live in the U.S. now, but would like to buy a phone in the United States that I could use in Japan as well. I don't want to rent because I will live there for 1 year, and although I dont use my phone that much (maybe text 3 times per day, and spend 30 minutes on phone per day) I am a student so I need a phone to text/call friends.

I checked online and found some things...but I got very confused...I want a cool phone with lots of features...the iphone is very expensive, so maybe a different touch phone or a blackberry ^.^

Thank you!!! :)

Answer:


Basically, you can't buy an iPhone in US and bring to Japan and use it.

You have to buy a phone in Japan if you want to use it in Japan. And they are selling iPhone in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment