Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Leaving for Japan on the 17th of April?

Question:


I am leaving for Japan on the 17th for two weeks. I’ll spend 4 days in Tokyo. I’m just wondering if I should choose to detour around Tokyo or not? I know it is safe, I’m not worried about that. I’ve just heard they have food shortages ect, do you think they would really want an annoying tourist hanging around when they are short on resources?

I’d like to support Japan with my tourist dollar, I just don’t want to be more of a hindrance than a help.

Answer:


There are currently no food shortages in Tokyo. Food and water supplies are fine.
Yes I suggest, you do detour after your 4 days in Tokyo so you can see and enjoy more. You need to fully enjoy your 2 weeks stay in Japan.

From Tokyo (after 4 days), you can go to Osaka. There are buses and trains from Tokyo that you can easily ride to Osaka. Trains will be much faster, usually takes 3-4 hours depending on class of train you ride.

Explore Osaka then you can detour to Kyoto or Nara. Both cities are very beautiful with many shrines and temples.

You can buy JR pass for your train travels.
http://www.jtbusa.com/
http://www.japanrailpass.net (for more infos)

Enjoy your modern and cultural travel in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment