Sunday, May 22, 2011

Haikei and keigu in emails?

Question:


Can I use these phrases in an email to a teacher? I want to be really polite, but I dont want to use something that is not correct. Or I just say, XY sensei, ohisashiburi desu ne...
And the text I write in an email to an ex-teacher, is it in masu-desu or uru-kei?

Answer:


hi again^^

We don't use haikei (and keigu) in business e-mails but i didn't know what should we do when we send them to a teacher (of ather univ, right?).
so I've looked around for japanese websites and checked up about your question.

I find also we don't need them in such situations, but some says it's not wrong for using them.

start as「〜大学〜学部教授 〜〜先生」is popular.


good luck


i forgot to refer form, of course, you must use polite form ( desu-masu )

the teacher you are to send e-mail, did you met(or send sth) before?

gobusata site orimasu is polite version of ohisashiburi desu ne.

in japanese, ご無沙汰しております

No comments:

Post a Comment