Thursday, June 2, 2011

Could i get a job in japan?

Question:


ok, i am a cabinet maker, and i'm in college doing furniture craft, but i'm going to a good college once i have finished my college, which will give me a degree which is equal to a 4 year degree, that takes care of that side of the problem, but i'd like to go to japan and be a furniture designer or maker, if i send my CV with my information to alot of furniture places in japan, and work on my japanese could i get offers for a job? obviously i will be waiting until i finish my degree to do this, but would it be worth my time to do this? i enjoy japanese furniture building techniques and am planning on working on those while at my course during my free time, that's the main reason is the fantastic timber in japan, so is it worth my time?

Answer:


Blunt honesty, don't bother. "Equal too " won't count. The degree has to be a BA / BS from an accredited college. This is what the Ministry of Foreign Affairs requires.
How well do you know metrics ? That's what they use there.
Your co-workers will be Japanese. So that means you need native level Japanese. Reading, writing and arithmetic....
Another issue is if a Japanese can do the job, they will always be hired first. With the recent tragedy in the north east, there are many more people looking for work.
Sorry, I just can't see it happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment