Thursday, June 2, 2011

How much money should I bring to Japan?

Question:


I'm planning on going to Japan in the near future, and I'd be traveling from the UK to Japan. I wanted to know how the money 'worked' there. I've heard that eight dollars are like eight hundred yen. I wanted to know what eight pounds would be equivalent to in yen. Accommodation is sorted out, but I'm wondering about the shopping--I want to be able to do a fair amount of clothes shopping. So for example if you were to find a dress or top from a designer shop, how much would it be in yen and how much would that be in British pounds? Just a rough example would do. Thank you for your time :)

Answer:


Your question regarding British pounds and yen can easily be answered by typing in 'currency converter' into any search engine. Learning to do this not only does not have a steep learning curve but will also allow you to make multiple conversions.

Shopping? Just as where you are from, it varies. Many things here in Japan have prices comparable to the U.S. Well, used to until the exchange rate went crazy. But there are also expensive places too. So your question cannot really be answered. You can find clothing at a price that is rather comparable to that in the U.K. whether you are looking at something inexpensive or totally outrageous.

To sum up. Learn to use a currency converter and there are no rough examples other than what I just said.

No comments:

Post a Comment