Thursday, June 2, 2011

Only for Japanese speakers: What do you think of this name?

Question:


This is the name I came up with for my son:

優脳

It is read as Yūnō

However because I am not sure, do you think it is a nice name? I am talking about the choice of the two kanji. When you first look at the name how do you pronounce it if you are a Japanese speaker?

Is it pronounced correctly as Yuno or something else?

Also if you believe the combination of the words "excellent" and "brain" is not good for a boy's name can you tell me other combinations of kanji which can be read as Yuno?

Thank you

Answer:


All Japanese can pronounce Yūnō.
However, it might be surprised a little to use the Kanji of brain for the name because it is very unusual.

Instead
How about the 能?
The pronunciation is the same as the brain.
This Kanji means wisdom and the technology.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment