Friday, December 16, 2011

Japanese language question?

Question:


Will somebody tell me how to say this? and please explain the sentence like which words me what and the structure and stuff. I want to say "Hello, I am a student learning Japanese, may I talk to you?" I know a good idea of Japanese I just don't know very much vocabulary and such, so please explain the individual words/kanji.
Also, do you know of a site where I can possibly video chat with a native speaker or tutor person for free?
Here are some small questions too
-What is a causal way to say hello or hi, other than like こんにちは
-When you say hi to a friend in Japanese what do you usually say, i have heard you only say genki desuka when you haven't seen the person in a while and such.
-What is some internet jargon in Japanese (English equivalent: lol, hahahaha, rofl, etc.)
-Where can I get a child's book in Japanese to start reading?
Thanks.

Answer:


始めまして。私は日本語を勉強する学生です。お話してもいいですか?
Hajimemashite. Watashi wa nihongo wo benkyou suru gakusei desu. Ohanashi shite mo ii desu ka?

始めまして
haji(memashite)
Nice to meet you.

私は日本語を勉強する学生です
watashi wa nihongo wo benkyou suru gakusei desu.
I'm a student studying Japanese.


Watashi = I / Me
日本語
nihongo + Japanese language
勉強する
benkyou suru = to study
学生
gakusei = student

お話してもいいですか
Ohanashi shite mo ii (desu ka)?
Can we talk?

There is no word for "it," the subject you're talking about can usually be implied and hopefully understood.

But to say "was cool" you'd just conjugate the adjective すごい or かっこいい into the simple past forms by dropping the -i, and adding -katta (desu):
すごかったです
*note this construction is only for i-adjectives.

albeit, never really heard it being used this way. Mostly just hear "sugoi/kakkoii" after the event takes place. However, for grammatical purposes, you can see how it's grammatically constructed.

No comments:

Post a Comment