Friday, December 16, 2011

Why are eroge's so expensive?

Question:


I download most of my eroge, but I want to buy several for collectional purposes (Majikoi, Muv-Luv Alternative). I was really suprised at the prices though, 7000-10000 yen? I know they have high production values, but how does people afford to buy the eroges at that cost? (I'm gonna buy it anyway, it hurts my wallet a lot though -_-)

Answer:


it's a tough question to answer for ppl like us from overseas. i think it's also a really good question. actually i might try to do some research for it in the near future and write a short post on it bcuz this one is worth investigating. it's pretty much right on topic for my blog visualnovelaer.wordpress.com

for now id say a mix of:
niche market
forces of distribution - eroge companies only get roughly 50%~
sales numbers
insane no. of tokuten hoggers (i.e. big secondhand market + product returns)
piracy
accepted RRP value
high income country (although the young age ppl mostly live in near poverty)

No comments:

Post a Comment