Friday, June 24, 2011

How much of Japan was hit by the tsunami?

Question:


I was looking on the web about some hologram pop star and the article read about there being countless concerts sold out in Japan. That has me wondering what was hit by the tsunami 'cause I'm thinking all of Japan got knocked out, so if you can clarify this for me please. ; p

Answer:


I was visiting my military uncle at a base close to Tokyo at the time of the tsunami, and we weren't affected by it at all. We felt the earthquake a little bit (before the tsunami took place) but it didn't do any damage. It was actually surprising going home and seeing what was going on in the news. There was a lot of damage done in the area that it took place, but for the most part the rest of Japan was unaffected. I know that after I left there was a lot of worry about radiation, but I think that there's not as much concern now. We can thank the media for making it seem like Japan was blown off the face of the Earth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment