Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm looking to go to senmon gakkou in japan and I need some advice on jobs.?

Question:


I am a white male American with a bachelor's degree. I lived in Tokyo before and speak Japanese and have friends there so I don't need any advice on that stuff.

My issue is that I will be a full time student and I will need to work and make money to support myself. Tuition, I can take care of with loans and scholarships. Even housing, if I dorm, can be lumped into tuition fees and deferred until after graduation. But still I will need money just to get by and to save, of course. I have heard that you can get special permission to work up to 28 hours a week on a student visa. what is involved in that and what sorts of places could I work at if I did that? The other option I have heard is getting a working visa as an English teacher and then after I'm already in Japan I could enroll at the school I want to go to. I'm not sure that is a wise idea because full time work and full time student might be something beyond what I can handle. To be honest I don't really want to teach English but of course I will if I have to. It's obviously the easiest job for foreigners in Japan to get. I just think having a full-time job would take away my focus from my studies and defeat the purpose of going.

Thanks for your advice!

Answer:


I don't get your question well. But,

>what is involved in that and what sorts of places could I work at if I did that?

You are allowed to have part-time jobs if you are on student visa. The common part-time jobs are like convenience store or hamburger shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment