Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Compare Radiation Level in Japan with that in the US?

Question:


At Japan section, I know many people ask about radiation every day.
I know these questions are quite annoying.
But, I want to ask it from a different direction.

When I watched a video on Youtube, someone from America said that the radiation level in his city was twice the data in the video. The video relates to radiation in Fukushima.
I couldn't believe it, and checked it through internet.
Unfortunately, official radiation data in the US is not open to public.
So, I had to search private sites, and I found some facts if these private sites were reliable.

#1 Radiation level in Tokyo is lower than the lowest data in the US.
#2 At some points in the US, radiation level is higher than that in Fukushima.

I failed to convert the unit?
Could you check them?

USA:
http://www.radiationnetwork.com/
Fukushima:
http://www.atom-moc.pref.fukushima.jp/dy…

Answer:


Many cities in the world have higher radiation then Tokyo. For example New York City has higher radiation levels then Tokyo.

ALL OF THIS IS SAFE.

People go crazy when they hear the words "radiation" but the fact is, radiation is ALL AROUND US ALL THE TIME. You get radiation RIGHT NOW sitting in front of your computer.

People need to calm down.

Places like Denver in the USA have naturally MUCH MUCH higher amounts of radiation 3x as much as Japan. This is because of Denver's location in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment