Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The road to a middle school in Tokyo?

Question:


Hi There,

In my book a girl takes her bicycle to drive to school.
And yeah before you are gonna say: that isn't logical, japanese people walk to school! You need to know that this girl is from The Netherlands. And there it's very common to drive a bike to school. So she does it there too.

Anyway now I have a question. How is it to drive a bicycle to school in Tokyo? Are the streets very busy? Is there something like a bicycle path? And how does the road look like. What do you pass? What do you see on the streets? (think of: stores etc.)

I just can't get a good impression of the way the streets look around there. I know Tokyo is big and that there isn't something like a common road.. but just try to describe it. Or just describe your own road or something. Anything that will help, add it! Cuz I desperately need it.. When I tick it in on Google all I get are those gigantic neon lights and big buildings.

Thanks!

Answer:


yeah, Especially in Tokyo, More people Walk or Bike Then anything. (when i say walk, this includes using the subway) Some streets you can see 1,000 Bikes parked in a row on the sidewalk, Some times underneath a bridge will be Bike parking for like 2 bucks.

They do use WHAT EVER space is available, In some places in Tokyo, People would Take up the Entire street for....well for ever. during the day there are always crowds of people, in some places when a car came, we had to Hug each other on each side so 1 car could Creep down the middle past the crowd. don't Move your foot or you will get ran over! Then we would just pour back into the street! was very strange actually....This isn't like a Constant occurrence, i was there for a week and it happened a handful of times. If you want to Add me on Facebook dude, I have some Pictures and and short videos of hard to find stuff. like i have a short video of me and my buddy just walking down the street looking around at everything that was going on! David Solo buzzbuzz420@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment