Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Good things to send to my Japanese friend?

Question:


I'm sending a package to my Japanese friend, but I'm not sure what to put in it. I bought some candy (Twizzlers, Sour Patch Kids, Laffy Taffy), but what else can I send? Anybody know of some small, inexpensive items that wouldn't be found in Japan and might be interesting?

Answer:


Ideally you'd love to show your friend what life is like where you are, right? So since you can't try the next best thing and send some things that are more unique where you are. Try for something that touches all five senses - something nice to look at, hear, to smell, taste, and touch. Some small picture books or calendars, posters, ashtrays, chocolates, fragrant bath salts, t-shirts or
pens/pencils with famous animation characters (except Mickey Mouse or Snoopy, which they have in abundance), sauces or salad dressings like Ranch, pure maple or berry syrups, colognes, jams, baseball caps, coasters, nice soap or shampoos, lotions, cosmetics, air fresheners, large containers of nuts, flavored coffees, tea, keychains, postcards, music, TV etc. would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment