Saturday, July 9, 2011

Does it get really icy in Japan?

Question:


Over the cold seasons in Japan, I know it can get snowy there. But does ice become a big problem? I'm wondering because walking seems to be a big form of transportation there.

Also, does the snow make walking around difficult? I've heard that it snows a lot but the snow doesn't stick much.

Answer:


It really depends on where you live in Japan. I live in Gifu, which is near the center of Japan and we have quite a lot of mountains so it is very cold in Winter and we get quite a bit of snow. The roads can get very icy in winter and it can be hard to walk, but it is still possible. I've had to dig my car out of the snow quite often in the middle of winter but public transport still runs and there are still ways to get around.

No comments:

Post a Comment