Saturday, July 9, 2011

Japanese opinions of American Anime fans?

Question:


IOk let’s be honest here, what do the Japanese actually think of America/Canadian/British/etc. Anime Fans?

Will they be surprised if a foreigner tells them,
Foreigner: "Yeah i like anime..."
Japanese Man: "Really? No Sh**t... Never saw that coming" T__T LOL!

Now I know I am just assuming but I really want to know the real answer... Are they open arms with us about it, or do they find it with no surprise? Lol xP

Answer:


Well, I'm only a "haffu", but I've lived all of my life in Japan. (Aside from right now, as we're in China...) Anyway, I (we) never really think about it. We're not even as big on anime as foreigners seem to think.

I grew up watching things like Naruto, Inuyasha, Fullmeal Alchemist, Gundam... But it's not a huge part of our lives. We all, at some point, watch anime- but it's not a big deal. Just a cartoon. Something cute and entertaining to look at.

Honestly, my friends and I never really discuss whether foreigners like anime or not. Why does it matter? Just a cartoon.

I just asked my father, though (who is Japanese).
Pretty much went like this:

Meiko: Dad, what would you think if a foreigner told you they liked anime?

Dad: Why does it matter? It's a cartoon. I like anime. Your baby sister likes anime. Your mom likes anime. You like anime. You know pretty well that we've all sat around the tv to watch Spirited Away at sometime.

Meiko: So, you wouldn't be surprised or put off by that at all, right? 'Cuz that seems kind of illogical.

Dad: I never put much thought into it, but no. Anime is everywhere. It's just animation.

... Yeah. He didn't really care. I don't really care. Never known a person to care about it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment