Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lost wallet in Japan, what should I do!?

Question:


Hey all

I lost my wallet last night. It had my address in as well as other stuff, what are the chances of someone returning it? And also, where should I go to tell the police? A main station or can I do it at a small police booth?

Answer:


It depends on where you are supposed to have lost it.

If you think you lost it on street, go to the nearest koban, police box, what's where lost properties are supposed to be brought if someone found it. But it's not 100% certain that someone who found it would take it to koban.

If you think you lost it at a train station, go to an office of that station.

In both cases, you have to write a document, saying that you lost it and describing it. So you need to read and write Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment