Sunday, May 15, 2011

Do Japanophiles (or 'Weeaboos') make you a little embaressed to enjoy Japanese culture?

Question:


For thos who don't know, 'Japanophiles' or 'Weeaboos' are people who are obsessed with Japanese culture to the point of being an annoyance, with constant talk about Japan, living there, and how it's their life to be there while putting down their own culture.

They're usually the kind of people in High School who come onto this board asking how to live in Japan.

What I was wondering is, does the extent these people just abuse the culture of Japan by obsessing over it while never even being there, spouting things as if they're masters of what it's like, make you slightly embaressed to have a normal interest in Japan?

A lot of people will say 'just let them get on with it, who cares.' But I personally do care quite a lot. They truly do irritate me, and I can't ignore them.

I've been to Japan, and seeing what it's like I'll say yes, these kinds of people make me facepalm quite a lot, and embaressed to like Japan as they have no idea what they're talking about. I just wish they could act normally about the country. :/

Answer:


I see them all the time. I feel sorry for them because they are not on the same level as the rest of us. They think Japan is a land of milk and honey and you just jump in straight away. It ain't like that. Sadly some posters on here encourage them to think this way

No comments:

Post a Comment