Sunday, May 15, 2011

When will the Yen be equal to the Dollar?

Question:


Hi guys! I wanna know when do you think the dollar will be equal/surpass the Yen again? I wanna go to Japan very soon- but the exchange rate is kind of a buzz kill so my parents said I have to wait until after it becomes equal again :( ... Do you think it'll be within this summer?

Thanks

Answer:


If you say "equal", it sounds like $1=1 yen. But there will never be a case like that.

I think you are talking about $1=100 yen level. If that's the case, I think it's a must that FRB raise FF rate to 2-3% level. But it's not certain when it will happen next time as FRB is reluctant to constrain monetary policy.

It's not going to happen in 2011. I think you at least have to wait until sometime in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment