Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fixing my Japanese. PLEASE?

Question:


Okay born and raised southern California. Nisei and I speak fluent Japanese.
THE PROBLEM: I speak with a heavy kansai accent and okinawan accent and my japanese friends always make fun of me for it. If any of you standard japanese speakers out there could help me that'd be great.
I just need some guidelines to speak the standard dialect(hyoujungo)

Thanks(:

Answer:


Everyone making fun of you needs to shut up. I speak Hyoujungo and find Kansai-ben to be beautiful. I wish I spoke Kansai-ben. People and their "I'm better than you because I speak ____" need to stop. Be proud of how you speak and stop giving people what they want in exchange for who you are. First learn to respect yourself, then others will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment