Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ideas for fundraiser for Japan at school?

Question:


I feel so sad that japan had an earthquake AND a tsunami.. I LOVE JAPAN SO MUCH! And im not even close to being japanese! In fact, i wanted to so go there when i was old enough. Anyway, after watching a few videos on youtube, i realized that i can help somehow, so i wanna through a donation . I'm probably going to ask the principals if i can ask for a little money, combined with mine. But don't get me wrong, im still gonna do it even if the principals say no! ;D Any who I as wondering if there were any ideas that i can do for raising the money. I know im probably gonna have a big sign and a box for collecting the money but that's about it! Please Help!

ALSO PLEASE DONATE TO JAPAN!! PRETTY PLEASE!

Answer:


A group of friends and I did that exact thing when the earthquake hit Haiti! We talked to the principals and proposed the idea. We then made a bunch of posters, including a thermometer looking thing. We set a goal; $2000, and colored in the thermometer as we made more progress. We put water cooler bins ( empty ones, the tank part) around as the donation boxes. We exceeded our goal by over $400!
We then took the money to the Red Cross Foundation, which is also helping with Japan relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment