Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How can I send a care package to those suffering in Japan right now?

Question:


I don't have a lot of money, but I would like to donate some canned goods, popcorn, etc, that I do have to help those less fortunate right now. I looked at the Red Cross Japan Relief page advertised on Yahoo Answers today. They are only taking cash donations. I am specifically looking to donate food, supplies, books, magazines, etc that I already have and that they can use. Does such a service exist?

Answer:


You have a good heart, but this is not a good idea. Much of Japan is intact, and goods that would be prohibitively expensive to ship, are locally available and inexpensive.

Also, read this good article about disaster donations:
http://goodintents.org/disaster/the-dos-…

No comments:

Post a Comment