Thursday, December 15, 2011

Japanese この and これ, I'm a little confused, can anyone help?

Question:


I know この and これ means "This", but I've seen people translate kono and kore as "The" also....Is this normal? Does Kono and sono mean "this" most cases, and "The" depending?


Also I've seen in some translations Sore (それ) is not only translated as "That" But also as "It's"
Is this normal too? I'm confused, please clear this up for me so I can have a better understanding on this matter! Thank you! :D

Answer:


この+nown,for example,this book is as この本.
This book is cheap.is as この本は安い.
This is cheap.is as これは安い.
kono hon is as this book,sono hon is as that book,and ano hon is also that book.
But the book is translated in Japanese as sono hon.Japanese language doesn't have the usage about english word "the".
sore means not this or not that,the distance from I is middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment