Thursday, December 15, 2011

Need a proffesional opinion! Best way to learn Japanese?

Question:


My Japanese knowledge is extremely limited, but I can say a few simple sentences. I've tried using this program on my Ipod to help me learn Japanese, and it helped to learn some of the basics, but I fear I won't be able to use it for more complex sentences and thoughts and such. I've tried listening to songs, and I can pick out maybe 1 or 2 words in a given song, but that doesn't really help. I've tried watching manga, but they talk like at the speed of light so that's not helping.

Is the best way to just join a course or something? Does rosetta stone actually work, and should I use that? The last language I learned was Spanish and that took me 4 years and I'm barely fluent. Also, I'm 16. The reason I add that is because I've heard older people have a more difficult time learning Japanese.

Thanks in advance to all those who read my question, but I'm really looking for some kind of language teacher or someone who actually learned Japanese to answer this. Thanks again!

Answer:


It is always best to take a course. At least there you would have the proper guidance to learn. You'll be able to get answers to your questions (at least with a good instructor). You will also have other to practice with which, is very important in learning. Here in the States, it is cheaper than purchasing Rosetta Stone language softwares.
Learning with an instructor is way much faster than on your own. When I took a Japanese language class, I notice how much faster and learned much more, than just learning on my own. I was also more motivated to study more since, my obligation to pass the class was on the line. On your own, you can only learn phrases and a little grammar but, usually in a class you will most likely find other techniques and other important part of the language you will not find on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment