Friday, March 18, 2011

Holiday transfers not covered by cancellation policy - is it possible?

Question:


I was planning a holiday to Japan this summer, and owing to what has happened there, am no longer going...
At this moment in time, I am not able to cancel my holiday and get refunded, as the refund only lasts until April 10th.
However, I would like to transfer the holiday so I can go to America instead.

Is this possible? Especially owing to the natural disasters over there...

Any help is greatly appreciated

Answer:


There is currently a crisis in NORTHERN Japan. Because it's March, still winter so it's cold and there is no farming happening, and it's still just a week after a major 9 earthquake. There is no reason to cancel your trip because of what happened. By summer things will be close to back to normal for everyone except those actually affected by the incident. Since I highly doubt northern Japan was anywhere on your travel plans to begin with there is seriously no reason to not visit Japan.

If you had a trip planned to visit California when Hurricane Katrina struck the US, would you withdraw because it is too dangerous? Or when hurricanes hit Missouri every summer? No. It makes no sense. What happens in one part of the country does not cause an entire nation to implode.

Japan is not going up in flames. It is not becoming a wasteland. It is not returning to the sea. It is not imploding. It is not irradiated. It is fine. I am one prefecture over from Fukushima and Miyagi. I am IN northern Japan. I experienced a level 5 earthquake. But I'm fine. I have no problems with food, water, money, electricity, or phone service. The buses have returned, the bullet train has returned, and the planes are running. If all this is going on perfectly okay just a few hundred miles from Fukushima, then don't you think things will be fine in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, and wherever else you planned to visit in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment