Friday, March 18, 2011

I have a large amount of food and clothing I want to send to Japan relief efforts, how can I do this?

Question:


I have only found sites for money donations does anyone know how to donate goods to Japan?

Answer:


Please reconsider. Money is the only form of donation most organizations will accept, and with good reason. It is a logistical nightmare to receive shipments of goods from all over the world. If food and clothing are in demand, they can buy this using your money, most likely from Japanese sources. The process is extraordinarily more efficient.

If you wish to donate food and clothing because you have these items, and are looking for somewhere to donate them, I am sure there are many poor people in your own area who could benefit from these.

No comments:

Post a Comment